The main functions of Companies House are to:
- incorporate and dissolve limited companies;
- examine and store company information delivered under the Companies Act and related legislation; and
- make this information available to the public
The Registrar of Companies
- The Registrar of Companies for England and Wales, and Chief Executive of Companies House is Tim Moss. His office is based at Companies House in Cardiff.
- The Registrar of Companies for Scotland is Dorothy Blair and her office is based in Edinburgh.
- The Registrar of Companies for Northern Ireland is Helen Shilliday and her office is based in Belfast.
- There is also an Information Centre in London.